VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: PROJECT OFFICER – NILINDE PROJECT
HOPE worldwide Kenya (HWWK) has a vacancy for a Project Officer for an OVC project in Nairobi. The position reports to the Program Director.
- JOB SUMMARY – PURPOSE
This position works closely with other senior members of HOPE worldwide Kenya staff and partner organizations in overseeing implementation of Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) program activities in Nairobi.
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Provide leadership and oversight for all work and activities necessary to achieve the Projects’ planned objectives, outputs, and deliverables.
- Implement the work plans and activity schedules for the project in an effective and efficient manner and ensure HWWK meets its contractual obligations in the project
- Provide leadership and supervise staff implementing the project and mentor staff for effective service delivery and implementation of the project
- Collaborate and integrate, where possible, activities with orphans and vulnerable children, PMTCT, care and treatment, and adolescent girls programs
- Prepare and submit high quality and timely reports as per schedules and ad hoc reports, as requested (to management, donors, and government agencies etc.)
- Ensure the programs adhere to HWWK’s financial management systems, procurement processes and controls and that they are in compliance with good operating standards
- Track all data and activities and ensure data and information for the project is captured and recorded for all activities, as per laid out protocols
- Support to monitoring and evaluation initiatives including documentation of experiences, lessons learned and dissemination of shared learning
- Maintain good partner and community relationships and participate in relevant forums where nominated
- Represent HWWK in partners meetings including meetings with donors and GOK.
- Maintain adequate documentation and records and put in place a proper filling system that ensures processes, activities and statistics are well captured and records kept in line with established policy and protocols
- Maintain quality standards established and promote initiatives that support delivery of high quality services to beneficiaries
- Support in documentation and dissemination of appropriate case studies, experiences, best practice and lessons
- Facilitate teamwork among the program staff ensuring that program design and implementation is based on a multi-sectoral and multi-level approach
- Contribute to design and implementation of capacity building activities to enhance HWWK staff, partners, and community stakeholders to effectively deliver on their mandates in OVC support
- Maintain good public relations and promote visibility on the work of HWWK
- Assist in fundraising and resource mobilization initiatives by providing appropriate data and information needed to develop concept papers and proposals, when requested
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor from time to time
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
(The knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training)
Level of Education:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social or behavioral science or related field.
Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications
- Post graduate diploma in project management, monitoring and evaluation or development studies or related field is an added advantage.
- Good oral and written communication skills (English and Swahili)
- Computer literacy in the use of MS Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is desired
- Ability to work and deliver results under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team leader and player.
- Able to work in a community setting and relate well with key populations
- Good presentation and writing skills
- Ability to cultivate constructive relationships at the grass-root level.
- Good interpersonal and public relation skills and able to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Familiarity with rural/urban working environment
- Strong coordination skills and team orientation.
- Strong community mobilization skills.
- Strong networking and relationship management skills.
- Good spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
- Commitment to and understanding of HWWK vision, mission and values.
Related Work Experience
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar position working with OVC and managing a donor funded project.
To apply, please send in your application letter, a detailed CV with 3 referees, a 2 year salary history, your e-mail address and day telephone contacts to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00 pm, 1st May 2018.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.